1. I sing “Ain’t to Proud to Beg” by The Temptations, “What You Give” by Tesla, and “Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas” out loud, very loudly, every time I hear those songs, no matter where I am or what I’m doing.
2. I wish I could speak Spanish, Russian, and American Sign Language fluently.
3. I scored in the high-90’s on the grammar section of my teacher certification exams, but I hardly ever use correct grammar in blogs or e-mails.
4. I have an idea for a non-fiction book that only one other person knows about and I fully intend to start the project when Little D starts school.
5. I have a big secret that no one in my life knows. It affects me everyday, but I don’t think I’ll ever share it.
6. I have another secret that only a select few people know that is my greatest embarrassment and it pains me when it’s brought up, though those mentioning it may not realize it.
7. My feelings are easily and often hurt, but rarely do I show it. I try to believe certain comments aren’t seriously meant, but they feel like a knife in my heart.
8. In spite of my shortness, I think I would’ve been good at volleyball if it had been offered as a competitive sport at my school.
9. Since studying Buddhism, I feel like I’m a better person.
10. I don’t worry about losing my “stuff” anymore, and I think I’d be perfectly fine if a tornado took it all away as long as my family was fine.
11. I sometimes feel guilty for not struggling. I grew up poor, and the guilt I have for being comfortable bothers me all the time.
12. My dog Sarah was named after my cat Sarah (from college) who was named after Sarah McLachlan.
13. I was voted “Most Likely to Succeed” in my senior class, but rarely do I feel I’ve lived up to the label.
14. I’ve never had surgery of any kind and fear that one day I’ll need one.
15. My favorite day is Thursday because it’s the “almost the weekend” day.
16. Oklahoma will ALWAYS be home to me, no matter where I live.
17. People who speak badly about OK without ever having been there piss me off because it’s not really different from any other place not on a coast!
18. I wanted to move to Alaska after I got my degree, but once again, I let a lack of self-confidence and a man get in the way.
19. My goal is to one day take my best girlfriends camping and “rough it” (not as pervy as it sounds)!
20. I don’t think I’ve found what I’m meant to do in this world yet.
21. In the past couple of years, I’ve come to understand that my degrees don’t really mean that much because I know too many people who are much smarter than I who don’t have the pieces of paper.
22. I was on the B-list of popularity when I was in high school, but I always felt like the class genius, so I didn’t care.
23. Getting my nose pierced was one of my most favorite things I’ve ever done for myself.
24. I can’t wait to be a grandma, and I know I’ll be called “Granny” in honor of my own Granny.
25. I don't fear growing old because with age comes wisdom. I'm happier at 31 than I was at 21, and I'm guessing that my 60's are going to rock.